Tuesday, December 20, 2016

A Pensive Winter Trace

If getting into the Christmas Spirit felt hard enough yesterday, the news of what happened at the Christmas Market in Berlin last night it feels nigh on impossible right now.
One of my biggest issues every year around this time is the homesickness - thinking of my family spending Christmas doing all the things we used to do together without me feels a bit heart wrenching - but when I think about what happened yesterday, all those people losing their lives or being injured as they were getting into the Christmas Spirit, it puts my feelings into a greater perspective for me. OK so I won't be with them in the UK, but I'll still be able to call my Dad for Turkey cooking tips, and Skype with my Mum so I can see them open a present, and share the usual crazy Christmas Selfies with my Sister... They are in the UK but they aren't gone, like some of the people that were just shopping and enjoying themselves at a German Christmas Market last night.
My thoughts are going out to the families and friends of those people that were injured last night, and to those that have lost their loved ones I will admit that I can only begin to imagine your pain.
Sorry to sound melancholy, but right now I feel that I may be more of a Christmas Scrooge or Grinch, than a sparkly Christmas Angel.
Spending some quiet, pensive, time - perhaps walking my dogs in RL or SL... My SL Puppies are really loving the walk I made Rudh take at the Winter Trace recently. Jian amazes me with the adorabilityness - yes I made the word up - of each of their animal creations, and I was unable to stop myself going puppy crazy when it came to the Holiday Huskies, which are available at this month's Arcade.
Now to take a moment of silence and a walk...

What is she wearing;
Hair: TRUTH - Irena in Reds
Skin: Glam Affair - Seya in Europa 2
Jacket: Blueberry - Radiance Jacket in Faded Denim
Pants: Blueberry - Tali Fall Pants in Black Leather  
Boots: Alyce - Non Rigged Ugg Boots
Pets: Jian - Holiday Huskies in Companion Black & Held Black (Available until December 31st at The Arcade)
Pose: Signature Pose - Hold On, Pose Set 18

No comments:

Post a Comment