Monday, September 28, 2015

The Abandonment of Lady Famine

This weekend left my stomach tied in multiple knots... First the wedding, then a fall out with someone I love that caused a lack of sleep and finally another party that left me feeling more than a little grossed out lol... Long story, but this weekend has been a total rollercoaster... I am actually able to say I'm glad that I'm back at work!
Anyway though, once again my mood has been affecting my photography... Doesn't it always?! Yet instead of curling up in a pair of sloppy PJS, I took a route that had a bit more of a sinister look to it! A little macabre perhaps, but then I have been known for that in the past, though once I saw this dress and tried the demo I couldn't resist becoming Lady Famine!
In my mind, I am creating a story... The regularly abandoned wife of a horseman, Lady Famine stands in the crumbling porch servaying the graveyard before her. Her husband riding his wave of destructively chaotic glory, the beauty cannot help but feel wistful...
The dress was the key reason I chose to represent Lady Famine... In fact it was the entire reason I pulled this look together, even when Lady Famine was a concept in my mind! I found this dress at The Fantasy Collective from in the Figment store's display. At first glance it just looked like a pretty and formal gown, but after trying it on, I HAD to have it... The front of the dress is designed to make it look like a rib cage and then the subtle dip-dye at the bottom makes this dress different from anything I've seen before in SL! I LOVE IT! OK, so it's not a look for everyone but then I am a little macabre and felt a need for this dress!
I accessorised simply, I mean you don't need much when you're wearing a dress like this really... A bloody scar from her husband's latest Feed - a wound by Ama at The Fantasy Collective too by the way - hidden beneath her Obsure Nightmare Collar which is then draped by her long flowing hair. The loose strands that slipped from their bun brushing against the wound. Hearts Like Ours is the newest hairstyle from Magika, if you're at all intrigued by the way. Then with just one nod to her own magical background in the form of this gorgeous CLOCKHAUS Pentagram necklace, the lady's look is complete...
Just a shame that her Horseman Husband is too involved in his work... His beautiful wife is pining for him...

What is she wearing;
Hair: Magika - Hearts Like Ours
Skin: Glam Affair - Lauren in America 07
Wounds: antielle - The Alchemical Transformation
Blood: Ama - Feed (Available until October 15th at The Fantasy Collective)
Choker: Obscure - Nightmare Collar in Silver
Necklace: CLOCKHAUS - Magical Pentagram in Silver
Dress: *Figment* - Famine Dress in Red (Available until October 15th at The Fantasy Collective)
Pose: Signature Pose - Sophie 4
House: Death Row Designs - Mystery Mansion RARE (Available until September 30th at The Arcade)

No comments:

Post a Comment