Friday, May 8, 2015

Did someone call the Steampunk Doctor?

Certain genre styles have always been a bit of a mystery to me, I cannot seem to work out how to make them work, if you understand my meaning. I've tried to dress my dolly in other styles - I even tried an urban street style once and cracked myself up so hard that I had to change again hehe - but one of those styles I never get quite right is Steampunk!
It shouldn't be hard, it's Victorian Gothic mixed with the Industrial theme of the historical period. I tend to buy a lot of clothing in a similar style anyway, but I guess I just combine my look differently?!
Still this time I think I have hit the nail on the head... Is there anyone out there that can tell me honestly?
The look was started all because of a romper suit from ImmateriA... Seriously Naenia likes to make me test myself, thank you for that Nae hehe... The outfit itself is called Agatha Sprockette, it includes the headband with it's adorable light bulb shaped wire decoration, and you can grab this look now from the current round of The Instruments. I teamed the outfit with a simple, and yet very well matched although I don't think that it was intentional, pair of boots from lassitude & ennui. These are available in various colours from the Birthday round of We <3 RP... Happy Birthday We <3 RP!!
Though, as per usual, it was the accessories that I went to town on... I just hope they work well with the theme, and that they haven't made it a little confusing hehe...
The accessories kinda gave the look a strange doctorish twist, like something from an evil movie, as I hid behind a Hell Mask from the [BODY FACTORY], whilst clutching my new doctors style bag from nefarious inventions - which you can grab for yourself at The Dark Style Fair 2... I don't normally buy bags in SL, I am an advocate of collecting them in RL but for some reason in SL they have just never been on my radar, then I saw this one... I FELL IN LOVE WITH IT. I HAD TO HAVE IT. NOTHING WOULD STOP ME lol... I even fought lag for this bag... Shows dedication right?!
I wore not one but three necklaces with this look too... Get me I am so cool wearing more than one right lol... I had a choker from Kibitz, a Key Necklace from DRD and even a Tag from 7mad;Ravens - all of which I would happily say are some of my go-to stores for things - just to mark that I was a Beast. Possibly akin to Mr Hyde?!
Last but by no means least, the monster in me needed a familiar... I searched high and low for something that seemed even a little monsterous, and found the perfect thing... At Oneword this month, you can find yourself in the darkness, the most adorable little iBat - you need to check The Horror booth but it's there - and how can you resist something with such pretty eye?!
Now did someone call the Doctor?

What is she wearing;
Hair: Truth - Nova
Mask: [BODY FACTORY] - Hell Mask in Faded-Brown (Past Event Release)
Skin: Glam Affair - Lauren in America 07 (Past Collabor88 Item)
Face Wounds: Utopiah - Excessive Pain Makeup
Nose Piercing: DirtyStories - Heart Nose Piercing (Past Suicide Dollz Item)
Collar: Kibitz - Casey Choker (Past Event Release)
Upper Necklace: DRD - Key Necklace in Rust (Past Enchanted Release)
Lower Necklace: 7mad;Ravens - Tagged in Beast (Past Group Gift)
Outfit (including Headband): ImmateriA - Agatha Sprockette (Available Now at The Instruments)
Bag: nefarious inventions - Fatal Procedure in Brown (Available Now at The Dark Style Fair 2)
Knee Wounds: A*S - Bloody Knees (Past Event Release)
Boots: lassitude & ennui - Hellebore Boots in Black (Available Now at We <3 RP)
Pet: The Horror - iBat in Bob (Available Now at Oneword)
Pose: Image Essentials - Clutch 5 (Available Now at the Depraved Nation Thrift Shop)

No comments:

Post a Comment