Monday, April 20, 2015

In and out of the shadows...

Time for a little bit of honesty I think... I hope no one gets offended by it or upset in any way however, and I really do not mean to sound like a snob or rude!
As a blogger, and I AM NOT COMPLAINING AT ALL by the way, you sometimes get sent things that you look at and wonder 'what the heck am I going to do with that?' This tends to be the case with me, especially if I do not really like something, or if I feel uninspired at the very least.
I've always tried to be a positive blogger, and feel that no matter what someone will like something even if I don't, and that having been said I wanted to share with you two things - that from one release - by Consignment, which I both really love and don't have too strong a set of feelings for all at once.
The items in question come from this month's round of Collabor88 - in the Consignment booth... The theme of the event is punk rock and I've already said I round around it not being able to get my wallet out fast enough lol... Consignment had two releases for the event...
The Skull Pot Plants are the items that I loved! I don't know why but they really tickled my imagination. I mean there have been some interesting uses for skulls in our ancestral history, but this one is such a good idea I'm surprised people didn't think of it sooner LOL!
It is the other item that I am not so keen on however... These Wrapped Stools do come in a variety of different colours, but for some reason - and I know not what it is - they just do not get the fire going under me like a lot of other Consignment creations. They are very well made, and very stylish in a minimalistic way and are stuffed with lots of great poses, and they'd look great in a modern setting, but they are just totally not my taste... Still if you love them, they are still available at Collabor88, don't miss out!!!
While on the subject of Collabor88 though, let me point out my dress... The r2 Sakura Dress is one of the best PVC textures that I have seen in SL for a long time. I love the way that the reflections of light look natural with movement, and other people seem to love the clear textures for totally different reasons too hehe...
I kept the accessories simple though, some thigh-high spiked DRD Limited Boots, a Punk Collar from (Yummy) and some Bow Wrist Straps from Katat0nik, as well as a simple but very cute girlie hairstyle from Truth called Octavia, and the look was complete!
All in all I am happy with what I came up with and hope that you like it too, sorry Wavie, I LOVE your creative mind but the stools don't quite do it for me...

What is she wearing;
Hair: Truth - Octavia
Skin: Glam Affair - Lauren in America 07 (Past Collabor88 Item)
Face Wounds: Utopiah - Excessive Pain Makeup
Nose Piercing: DirtyStories - Heart Nose Piercing (Past Suicide Dollz Item)
Lip Piercing: Cute Poison - Frosted Piercing
Collar: (Yummy) - Punk Collar in Silver and Black (Available Now at Collabor88)
Dress: r2 - A/D/E Sakura in Black (Available Now at Collabor88)
Bracelets: Katat0nik - Bow Wrist Straps in Black (Available Now at Collabor88)
Boots: DRD - Limited Collection Bootz in Black (Past Event Release)
Stool: Kuro & Consignment - Black Wrapped Stool (Available Now at Collabor88)
Plant: Consignment - Skull Plant Pot (Available Now at Collabor88)

No comments:

Post a Comment