Monday, March 9, 2015

You'll always Prosper!

Space has never been something that I have been interested in... I mean I LOVE looking at the moon and stars, but I have a bit of a phobia regarding Aliens so I tend to avoid anything space related! Though the death of a much loved Actor, one that I grew up seeing on the television in the background as my mother was a fan, Mr Leonard Nemoy - aka and possibly better known as Spock - in these past few weeks made me think of how sad I will be when other much loved musicians or TV personalities will go... It sounds strange to think of it like that, but when it comes down to it the death of anyone is a sad thing, I never knew these people personally but they became a part of my life in that I grew to enjoy hearing their songs on the radio or seeing their faces on the TV.  I still remember how I felt when Kurt Cobain died - as I'm sure many people do - or Robin Williams, for example, but last night I was watching a repeat of a Blue Planet TV Show, one of David Attenborough's programmes and I felt melancholy - for me losing him will be like losing an institution!!!
So this one goes out to you Spock, and to all the mourning Trekkies out there too!!
I wanted to create something a little Sci-Fi, without the aliens of course! So it was kinda lucky - almost serendipitous - that the SL Sci-Fi Convention was taking place at the moment that I went location scouting for a photo... I found this amazing booth, by Starbuckk Seraphis of Starland Development Group, at the Convention and knew that I had to use it as my Spock inspired space setting. I just hope they don't mind I was climbing all over their booth!
The outfit I chose was something simple-ish - by Rudh standards - and sexy, something that would have been a good second choice for the ladies on board the Starship Enterprise perhaps?!
The dress itself comes from SAKIDE and was a release at a past Sci-Fi themed event! Called Leyana, these dresses come with a HUD to customise the band colours and are subtly textured with a very Sci-Fi feeling pattern. I dressed it up with a pair of over the knee Marilyn Boots from Reign - that you can grab yourself at No.21 - then the rest was merely set dressing. For some reason I decided that I wanted to wear the [Aux] Devilish Headband that I'd had collecting dust in my hoard for a while, a simple See No Evil Eye-Patch from Half-Deer and then a pretty but somewhat classy looking collar from Lost Junction as decoration... Lastly I had to wear the [geek.] Prosper Necklace - a group freebie - in a dedication to Spock...
Mr. Spock... Live Long and Prosper!

What is she wearing;
Horns: [Aux] - Devilish Headband in Black
Hair: Truth - Dulce
Eye-Patch: Half-Deer - See No Evil in Black
Skin: Glam Affair - Lauren in America 07 (Past Collabor88 Item)
Eye Make-Up: KOSH - Metallic Eyeshadow in Silver
Face Wounds: (Under the Eyes) Utopiah - Excessive Pain Makeup, AND, (Cheek) Fallen Doll - WickedFaceScar
Nose Piercing: DirtyStories - Heart Nose Piercing (Past Suicide Dollz Item)
Lip Piercing: Cute Poison - Frosted Piercing
Collar: Lost Junction - Toulouse Collar in Bolds (Past Event Release)
Necklace: [geek.] - Prosper Necklace, Tribute to Spock (Group Gift)
Dress: SAKIDE - Leyana Dress in Black (Past Event Release)
Boots: REIGN - Marylin Boots (Available Now at No.21)
Pose: Icons of Style - Bonnie 7

No comments:

Post a Comment