Friday, February 6, 2015

Welcome to Paradise...

Sometimes you just want to run away, I know that I do, more than I should possibly... Right now it's RL that is making me want to run like the wind to a place that's not here! It's more than a little cold right now, and although I am able to say I much prefer the weather to be too cold, than too hot - too hot and I start to complain, ask Hell lol - but the walk to work this morning was so cold that when my eyes were watering due to the wind, the tears actually stung as they started to freeze!
Luckily for me, while I sit at my desk cradling a cup of tea like it's the most precious thing on earth, I can sit and write a post in my Rambling space about dancing around on a hot tropical beach as a mermaid... One that walks on land as well as swims in the sea. Apparently, one that lures boats to shore, and then kidnaps and hides the sailors hehe...
I love playing dress up, I really do... I used to play make believe a lot as a kid, like most children do, but never did I ever really dress up to do so. Now that I am older, maybe crazier, and in SL, I can do just that and have a damn good time doing so... and I will admit that my love of fancy dress is helped by the themed events that dominate the SL shopping horizon!
Sometimes I'm a zombie, others I'm a princess but today I am a Mermaid on a warm tropical beach... That's right Rudh... Think warm thoughts hehe...
I got more than a little excited when I saw the Mermaid collection that is available now at The Fantasy Collective! Although I tend to spend a LOT of my time as a Living Dead Dolly, if I am going to play dress up into something pretty and fantasy style it will most likely be either fairy, unicorn or mermaid related LOL...
I found a fantastic - albeit Adult - beach at The G-Spot. It has lots of hidden coves and a tropical feel that was perfect for my mermaid look, although don't be surprised if you head over there and people flirt with you! You have been warned lol...
I was lucky, maybe my mermaid look put people off but to be honest I LOVE this modern mermaid style!! It was difficult to choose between this awesome dress and killer pair of pants, so I was lucky that when I combined them they looked great!
The dress is a Mesh Mesh Dress made by FDD, for The Fantasy Collective, and as soon as I saw it I HAD to have one. Available in four different net colours, the dress is very see-through although it is adorned with some adorable sea creatures like crabs and starfish - argh trying hard not to joke about wearing a dress with crabs *facepalms* my stupid brain! I fell in love with this dress, it's the reason that I was drawn into The Fantasy Collective this month, and I HAD to have one hehe...
The other must have for me from the event were these awesome =Kio= Mermaid Leggings in a teal colour. It's not normally a colour that I would go for but I couldn't resist, and the belt that comes with the pants has so many different colour options in a HUD, they are very easy to wear pants!
Accessorising in a Mermaid style came easy, the event was filled with such wonderful things to make me a part of their world - see lol... Little Mermaid reference kinda! - choosing the beautiful Seashell Hat in a gray colour from Wicca's Wardrobe, some fishy style Mermaid Scales on my forehead from Arise, a Shell necklace from Atomic and then just as I was about to take the photo a coral starfish became an eye-patch - the Undine Eyepatch from Cubic Cherry Kre-ations - and I thought what the heck that looks cool hehe...
Now all I need is a sexy pirate to lure to his doom, and today will be a better - and hopefully warmer - day!

What is she wearing;
Head Dress: Wicca's Wardrobe - Seachell Hat in Gray (Available now at The Fantasy Collective)
Hair: Wasabi Pills - Ariel Mesh Hair in Crystal Pink (Past FLF Item)
Face Tattoo: ARISE - Scale Facetattoo (Available now at The Fantasy Collective)
Eye Patch: Cubic Cherry Kre-ations - Undine Eyepatch in Coral (Available now at The Fantasy Collective)
Skin: Glam Affair - Lauren in America 07 (Past Collabor88 Item)
Face Wounds: (Under the Eyes) Utopiah - Excessive Pain Makeup, AND, (Cheek) Fallen Doll - WickedFaceScar
Nose Piercing: DirtyStories - Heart Nose Piercing (Past Suicide Dollz Item)
Necklace: Atomic - Mermaid Dreams Shell Necklace in Yellow (Past OMGacha Item)
Dress: FDD - Mareena Fishnet Tunic in Silver (Available now at The Fantasy Collective)
Pants: =Kio= - Mermaid Leggings in Teal (Available now at The Fantasy Collective)
Bag: [HANDverk] - Mermaid's Purse in Sea Anemone RARE
Pose: Signature Pose - Let it Snow 4 (Available now at Pose Me Amazing)

No comments:

Post a Comment