Sunday, January 25, 2015

The Fairytale of The Gator Princess and The Pickle Knight

Back in December, my amazing Dutch big sister Rava got married to the wonderful Australian called Mick... HellBone refers to him as Sir Pickle, but that's a long story and one of Mick's own undoing LOL... 
I had been given the honour to be a part of the wedding in more than one way... Rava asked me to be her bridesmaid... A special job that not only included being there to support her, but also be the one to get drunk for her thus calming her nerves as she couldn't lol... She was - and still is as of today - heavily pregnant! 
I was also asked by the couple to be their official photographer! This did limit what I was able to do as a bridesmaid but it was such a HUGE honour! I will admit that it made me nervous, I spent the entire wedding shaking like a leaf, worried that I would miss out on one of those special and never to happen again moments! However, 250 photos and over a month later, and I was able to present the Bride and Groom with their photos... 
The ceremony was gorgeous - and I am not ashamed to admit that I am NOT at all interested in SL Weddings - but Rava and Mick are very much a RL couple with only the distance keeping them away. This for them was a ceremony that meant as much as a RL wedding would, and so being a part of it was brilliant. When they read their personal vows, oh my gosh I actually shed a tear! 
Nothing like the biker wedding that the majority of people were expecting, the only nod towards it being a biker wedding was the fact that the bride turned up driven by HellBone on the back of a bike, the rest was a magical fairytale of truly Disney Princess proportions. 
I don't want to go into any details about certain outfits... The Bride made her dress up from two totally different gowns, and still managed to keep her usual rock-chick, Goth girl style intact... 
The Bridesmaid - and Maid of Honour - dresses, however, I can talk about. I was allowed to help choosing these. It was settled that we would be dressed in gorgeous dresses from Rebel Hope called Meg, in a stunning ruby red colour that went perfectly with the settings. The accessories were personal choice, so I teamed mine with some pretty bows for jewellery and a loose messy bun... 
Just a quick look at some of the many photos that I took of their wedding. They were hard work and I stressed a little from beginning to end about things, but they turned out beautifully. Mick and Rava were happy, that makes me happy... 
Just I need a break now before I think about any more wedding photos LOL... 

What is she wearing;
Hair: Magika - Beans 
Skin: Glam Affair - Lauren in America 07 (Past Collabor88 Item) 
Face Wounds: (Under the Eyes) Utopiah - Excessive Pain Makeup 
Nose Piercing: DirtyStories - Heart Nose Piercing (Past Suicide Dollz Item) 
Choker: BOOM - Precious Bow Choker in Pitch 
Dress: Rebel Hope - Meg Mesh Gown in Red 
Rings: (Left) (Yummy) - Elemental Ring Set, AND, (Right) Olive - Binding Black Bow Ring (Past Event Freebie) 
Group Pose: Seil Xpression -  Wedding Our history captured in time

No comments:

Post a Comment