Wednesday, December 3, 2014

Bright Metallic Magazine.. Professional Photographer Me!

This is going to be a bit of a strange one for me to write... Bear with me on this LOL...
A month or so ago I was approached by Mirage Plaid, editor in another life of some well-read SL Magazines, who was starting a brand new, sci-fi based magazine...
Her message made me want to both faint, and dance around like a crazy person all that the same time... She had asked me to create a series of photos that would illustrate a story in this brand new, first release of the magazine! My first official work as a SL photographer... OH MY GOD! 
I didn't even read the story at first, I just accepted... Then when I read the story I thought "CRAP!" Next time note to self, always read something before agreeing it! The story itself is great, please don't get me wrong, but how in the heck was I going to illustrate it?! I pondered for DAYS... Then it hit me and the creative process just flowed! I couldn't stop it once I started! Eventually I had a product I was happy with, it was a nervous few days but I loved the thrill of having something ready that I was happy with... 
Now, normally I would love to share the photos here, BUT as it's work for a magazine, you will need to pick up a copy of Bright Metallic for free in world to see them! There is a Bright Metallic Kiosk out at HellBone's Store... If you can't find it anywhere else, head to Hogs & Cart Wheels to grab a copy!!! 
I've decided though to include a list of things that were used in the photos here, in case anyone was wondering, but enjoy the sneaky hint at the plot in the photo above and if you read the magazine, I'd LOVE to hear your thoughts on my pictures!!! 

What is she wearing;
Rudh:
Hair: Ploom - Kiera in Streaked 
Glasses: Pure Poison - Mabelle Mesh Glasses in Red
Skin: Glam Affair - Lauren in America 07 (Available now at Collabor88)
Scales: Even~Tide - Dragon Green Tattoo 
Teeth: [ContraptioN] - The Carnivorous Jaw
Necklace: (Yummy) - Satin Bow & Pearls 
Dress: DRBC - Hearse Haute Dress
Ring: [Virtual/Insanity] - PEARL Ring 3
Shoes: Ingenue - Delphine in Lime
Dean (My Story Husband)
Hair:  MADesigns HAIR - BERNARD in Black
Skin:  Vaya Con Dios - Rafael Skin in Tone 1 Shaved 
Scales: Even~Tide - Scaling Style B 
Jacket: REDGRAVE - Tweed Coat 
Pants & shoes: FashionNatic - Vartan Male Outfit 
HellBone (Gator Food):
Jacket: DECO - Deathrattle Duster (Past FLF Item)
Pants: TonkTastic - Cargo Pants
Boots:  Yasum - Rubber Trash Boots
Props & Poses: 
Rudh Pose: Signature Pose - Bootylicious 2 
Dean Pose: Signature Pose - Debbie 4 
Case: Sparrowtree Studios Poses - Anywhere But Here Suitcase Prop 
Car: Hogs & Cart Wheels - Candy
Alligator: 2Xtreme - Nasty Gator v2.7 

No comments:

Post a Comment