Friday, November 14, 2014

Bye Old Me, Hello New Me!

Some people, in SL, I know change their skin like a chameleon, wearing many different ones depending on how they feel - I do very occasionally when blogging something or being dead - but for me, finding a new "everyday wear" skin is important. 
I don't mind admitting that I am VERY fussy and will wear the same skin, as my basic skin, for long periods of time! So when I do seek to find a new one, and eventually find one that I am happy in, it is a bit of a big deal for me! It makes me feel like it's a fresh start, a new beginning and some might say a step forward, perhaps? 
I guess that's why my photo has somewhat of a pensive nature to it?! What I will tell you is that, a few moments of contemplation whilst taking this photo - hiding from the MC - and giving myself a chance to breathe really do help in the humdrum of a SL day!
My new skin is from Glam Affair. I like the way they look on my body and I love how soft and fresh faced this one looks too... I love the fact too though that a skin can be worn by anyone and look different. I bought this skin from the latest round of Collabor88 and was a little worried that I'd look cloned along with everyone else that tried the skin out... I didn't need to worry too much hehe... I looked different to all of the ladies trying demos!
My second "OH MY GOD" thing in this photo has to be the seat! I LOVE this seat!!! I don't normally get over the top excited about furniture, but this Cocktailbird Nest Chair from {anc} - which you can win yourself at The Fantasy Gacha Carnival by the way - is just gorgeous! Stuffed with some cute poses and really pretty to look at, I am definitely using this in the garden and will be sitting there more often from now on hehe...
The rest of my outfit will be clearer if I show a comparison between my skins though so... 
The left is the OLD me, the right the NEW me... Bye Bye old Me, Hello New Me! 
The way I dress won't change though, and aside from the Gator Vest that I have to wear fairly regularly this outfit really screams RUDH! 
THe long curls and soft beanie of the Bramble hair from Spellbound, have been fairly predominant as a hair choice for me lately, and the shirt is an old favourite from R3volt - not that you can see it under my vest mind you! The EMPORIUM shorts were an "I cannot resist those" kinda item, I bought them at a past round of Fi*Friday for 55L and as well as that, the Obscure Vampire Necklace was snapped up at the same time too hehe... 

What is she wearing;
Hair: Spellbound - Bramble V2 (Available now at Sad November
Skin: Glam Affair - Lauren in America 07 (Available now at Collabor88)
Face Wounds: (Under the Eyes) Utopiah - Excessive Pain Makeup 
Piercing: Cute Poison - Starlust Piercings 
Necklace: Obscure - Vampire Necklace in Silver (Past Fi*Friday Item) 
Top: R3volt - Teagan Top 
Shorts: EMPORIUM - Cut Denim Shorts (Past Fi*Friday Item) 
Knee Wound: Suicidal Unborn - Bloody Knees 
Leg Wound: Hysteria - In Painful Stitches (No Longer Available!)
Boots: REIGN - Fiona Boots in Black (Worn with SLINK Mid Feet) (Past Event Release) 
Seat: {anc} - Cocktailbird Nestchair in Blue (Available now at the Fantasy Gacha Carnival)

No comments:

Post a Comment