Tuesday, November 11, 2014

A Tattered Heart of Frankenstein

One of my favourite things to do in my free time - aside from wasting away HOURS in the SL world - is to snuggle myself up somewhere warm and cosy, and hide out with a cup of tea and a good book. Doesn't matter what it is, so long as the story is captivating, then I can and will enjoy it! No matter the genre - though OK reading Pet Cemetery in the house alone when HellBone was at work wasn't such a brilliant idea - but I have no problems admitting that I love a good chick-lit as much as any fantasy, historical or even horror fiction!  
So when Miss Naenia Demina - of ImmateriA - handed me a new outfit for a new event called A Tattered Page I admit I was more than a little intrigued! The idea behind the event is to get people reading, sharing a love of some of their favourite stories and creating things in a representation of that story! The first chosen for this themed event is a classic, a horror, a monstrous story, and one that I have read and reread time and again!
The story for the first edition of A Tattered Page is Mary Shelley's Frankenstein...
Now the picture I created doesn't really have much to do with the storyline, but it does showcase one of the simply gorgeous creations that you can get your greedy little hands on for the event. This dress is the ImmateriA "Elizabeth" dress that was given to me by Naenia.
It is simply gorgeous... Designed using antique lace textures, it fits perfectly into the dress style and although not in one of my usual colours, when I put it on I knew what I had to do with it hehe...
I wanted something dark, and stormy, the blond hair style just seemed to work out best and was more striking with the dress...  Then I took a little "Sashay" - pose by Image Essentials LOL - just as it started to rain...
If you haven't ever read Mary Shelley's Frankenstein, maybe now is the perfect time... Buy something from their event, read an excert from the story and then who knows, maybe like me you will be hooked and wanting to read the whole tale!

What is she wearing;
Hair: Magika - Beans
Skin: Glam Affair - Candy Skin in America 09 (Past Arcade Item)
Dress: ImmateriA - Elizabeth (Available Now for A Tattered Page)
Pose: Image Essentials - Sashay 1

No comments:

Post a Comment