Sunday, September 14, 2014

Is it Jewellery or Jewelry? That's not a Fair question hehe...

The big events in SL are always something that I look forward to wandering around, aimlessly shopping and hoping to find that one thing that I cannot live without. Being a part of the SL Bloggers Network opens a few doors... Namely this time the door to give us access to the current Jewelry Fair... I ran around like a kid in a candy store, and dived in head first and plucked up some courage to ask some of the participating designers if I could please have review copies... 
I got so excited like a kid in a candy store when designers actually responded LOL... Lilah, XanXan, tapi and Kerryth I hope you like what I've done with your designs, I'm actually getting nervous now I am at the point of posting them! 
The first collection of things that I pulled together features tapi and Spyralle... Spyralle first - as it's only fair alphabetically - Kerryth has made a lot of pretty things for this year's jewellery - and yes I am spelling it the English way here because I always forget how to spell it the American way lol - fair! One of the things that caught my eye in the blogger collection was this gorgeous Night Blossom Set, which includes the flower necklace and matching earrings. It's also available in other colours too, so you can wear the gorgeous fractal designs in a rainbow of colours! 
Then the tapi items... I'm wearing two different things from this store, and I will admit that I have become kinda addicted to the designs! Simple, yet grunge and more than a little must-have, the textures draw be back time and time again! The Plain Choke Choker, includes a hud for colouring the strap with ease, the metals too! Similarly with the Nailed Punk Cuffs, but these also come with ANKLE CUFFS too!!! Bargain I say!!
My second collection includes more Spyralle, but also a little AZE and some Sad Harlekin too! Starting with Spyralle as I've been there before LOL, the Riverbend Necklace was the entire reason that I had to beg - I really mean ask but beg seemed more appropriate of a term - to be allowed to blog for Spyralle! 
The Classico Veil face chain comes from Sad Harlekin - and I thought tied in well with the almost Egyptian shaped necklace I had chosen to wear - and when you choose a chain you don't just get ONE colour metal you get TWO! Who doesn't love a bargain like that!?! 
I finished this look off with some elegant - and fairly understated when you see them with the rest of this photo collection - pair of earrings from AZE Designs. Now normally I don't tend to bother with earrings, I am willing to admit that right here, as I tend to wear hair that covers my ears, but these were just too pretty to pass up! The somewhat renaissance style earrings are available in various metal colours, and stones at the Jewellery Fair... 
Lastly I have a little more of a punkish feeling when putting the final look together. I pulled a look together featuring tapi, Sad Harlekin and a new comer to this post Chaos Panic & Disorder... 
The tapi bracelet is another in the set released for the Jewellery Fair, this one being the Hammered Stud Cuff. 
I chose this Sad Harlekin face chain, called Chains of War. This one is Silver, and each can be worn with 1, 3 or even without stones... 
I fell in love with the last item as soon as I saw it in the Chaos Panic & Disorder booth... The Catitude Sets come in a range of feline colours, the black being my favourite but the calico looking very much like my RL sisters cat, Dot! Each colour set comes with a necklace and earrings, but my real concern here is how can anyone resist such adorable kitties?! 
There are so many booths at this year's Jewelry Fair, not just those of the designers that I have mentioned here, but don't miss this event if you love all things shiny! 

What is she wearing;
Photo 1:
Ears: Atomic - Panda Ear in Black 
Hair: TRUTH - Nova 
Skin: Glam Affair - Candy Skin in America 09 (Past Arcade Item)
Face Wounds: Utopiah - Excessive Pain Makeup 
Collar: tapi - Plain Choke Collar (Available now at Jewelry Fair 2014
Necklace: Spyralle - Night Blossom (Available now at Jewelry Fair 2014
Bracelet: tapi - Nailed Punk Wristcuff (Ankle Cuffs also included!) (Available now at Jewelry Fair 2014
Nail Varnish: KOSH - Chipped Polish (Worn with SLINK Hands) (Past Lazy Sunday Item)
 Pose: PRETENSE - MY Hand Obsession (Past My SLINK Obsession Item) 
Photo 2:
Hair: Wasabi Pills - Valerie in Chocolate Mint 
Skin: Glam Affair - Candy Skin in America 09 (Past Arcade Item) 
Face Chain: Sad Harlekin - Facechain Classico Veil in Ancient (Available now at Jewelry Fair 2014
Earrings: [AZE] Designs - Esztergom Baroque Earrings in Aquamarine (Available now at Jewelry Fair 2014)
Necklace: Spyralle - Riverbend Necklace in Guerneville (Available now at Jewelry Fair 2014
Nail Varnish: KOSH - High Gloss Polish (Worn with SLINK Hands) (Past Lazy Sunday Item)
Pose: Image Essentials - Subtle Moves Male 22 
Photo 3:
Hair: Clawtooth - Cherry Bomb (Past Hair Fair Item) 
Skin: Glam Affair - Candy Skin in America 09 (Past Arcade Item) 
Make Up: [Virtual/Insanity] - Make Me Up Punk in Kumkwat 
Face Chain: Sad Harlekin - Chains of War in Silver (Available now at Jewelry Fair 2014
Necklace: Chaos, Panic & Disorder - Catitude Set in Black (Available now at Jewelry Fair 2014
Bracelet: tapi - Hammered Stud Cuff (Available now at Jewelry Fair 2014)
Nails: The Little Bat - Messy Leopard Slink Nails (Past Suicide Dollz Item)
Pose: Fairy Tail - Cute Pose 1 

No comments:

Post a Comment