Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Moving into a Steampunk Future?

One of the things I love most about my wardrobe is that every day can be a different style and I can go from one thing to something totally opposite within the blink of an eye...
Normally my style tends to be of the bikerish, rock chick style, with a hint of what some might call slut wear thrown in for good measure... LOL I don't know how it came about that I would dress like that, but it is something I have just grown into I suppose hehe...
BUT, sometimes I like to play with looks that are outside my "normal" box... This would definitely fall into that category... The event in question that caused the look I am rambling on about today is one called "Futurewave", although the look I came up with is a little more reminiscent of steam punk than futuristic...
I suppose Steampunk could kinda, sorta fit into a futuristic theme... I mean the basis of steampunk is that it is inspired by the industrialised Victorian era, where any steampowered creation was seen as futuristic! Now I have to admit I don't dabble in this area very often as it is something that I find kinda hard to get to grips with, but these items from AZE Designs - which are all available now at Futurewave - really caught my attention. The Reverse Periscope, Oscillation Enhancers and Voice Modulater are definitely things that scream "RUDH PLAY WITH ME!" and once those things were fitted the rest of my look seemed to fall into place.
The dress was one of those things that happened to land in my lap just as I was playing with these items and might be how they went from futuristic to steampunkish hehe... This dress is a new release from ImmateriA called Cassiopeia, which is available in three different colours, and has a very vintage, glam yet somewhat steampunkish feel to it - especially in this colour combination!

What is she wearing;
Hair: Ploom - Love
Skin: Glam Affair - Candy Skin in America 09 (Past Arcade Item)
Face Wounds: (Right Eye) Corvus - Scarred Face Tattoo, (Left Cheek) Corvus - Cheek Scars, AND (Right Cheek) Little Pricks - Stapled Face Tattoo
Eye Piece: AZE Designs - Reverse Periscope (Available now at Futurewave)
Ear Piece: AZE Designs - Oscillation Enhancers (Available now at Futurewave)
Mouth Piece: AZE Designs - Voice Modulator (Available now at Futurewave)
Necklace: Maxi Gossamer - Clockwork Steampunk Heart in Short Gold
Dress: ImmateriA - Cassiopeia Dress in Daybreak
Pose: Captivity Co Poses - Moving

No comments:

Post a Comment