Tuesday, January 14, 2014

What in the Phone are you Missing?

I was thinking about the way I communicate today whilst sitting on the train and looking around the carriage. It struck me just how many people spend all their time looking at their phone or other devices... I know it makes me sound strange in saying so, and maybe even old before my time, but I cant help but wonder how people have altered their mind sets in such a short space of time. It reminded me of the time I was talking to a bunch of kids I worked with, and they seemed shocked to hear about how I never had a mobile phone when I was a kid. These kids were 7 and they all had one! Then looking around the train, all the people standing around me seemed to spend all their time playing with their phones... I looked out the window and noticed the rabbits by the track, or inside the train and see the faces that people pull and I wonder just how much people miss when they are looking at the things they hold in their hand.
It got my creative juices flowing hehe...
I put together another look of the day somewhat, and I am getting more into creating these... Gives me something more to do and makes me feel like I am achieving something, so expect Random Ramblings and looks of the day more regularly.
This look I pulled together because I was inspired by the whole phone thought that was playing out in my head. Luckily when it comes to the phones I had laid my hands on the rare red and black set of Zenith Call Me Bags, available at The Chapter Four. The rest of the look I based around the bright red bag... I pulled on a cute, flirty and more than a little sexy dress from R3VOLT - called Penny - and teamed it with some fishnet tights from Izzie´s. I then added a few more accessories in the form of this gorgeous Royal Khadijah Estate Necklace and Ring created by Maxi Gossamer - available at FaMESHed - my favourite Neck Corset Piercing from Cute Poison and my favourite Dirty Glasses from ellemeno to create a naughty, but cute look!
The location took me a little longer to sort out however, I wanted a wasteland and I scoured the grid looking for just the right place. When I found this sign at the Virtual Decay Mall I couldn't resist... I love silly jokes like this and although it might be a little morbid, it made me giggle! I wonder, if this was RL and Rudh was looking at her cell phone in her hand like this, would she miss the sign completely?

What is she wearing;
Hair: Wasabi Pills - Melissa Hair in Flaming Cherry
Skin: Glam Affair - Candy Skin in America 09 (Past Arcade Item)
Face Wounds: (Right Eye) Corvus - Scarred Face Tattoo, (Left Cheek) Corvus - Cheek Scars
Glasses: ellemeno - Dirty Glasses in Black 
Piercing: Cute Poison - Frosted Piercings (Past Event Item)
Neck Piercing: Cute Poison - Neck Corset Piercing
Necklace & Ring: Maxi Gossamer - Royal Khadijah Estate (Available now at FaMESHed)
Bag: Zenith - Call Me Bag in Red (Available now at The Chapter Four)
Dress: R3VOLT! - Penny Dress
Tights: Izzie's - Tights Fishnet
Pose & Cell Phone Prop: STATUS - Talky 3 (No Longer Available!)

1 comment:

  1. I know just what you mean, I never want to be distracted by technology when I'm out and about... But since moving and not being at my computer all the time, I've realised just how much some of us can spend locked onto a monitor screen all day! Are we any better than the phone junkies? There's no doubt about it, technology is addictive and distracting as heck. And these days, there isn't really any difference between a phone and a computer, it's just smaller. Love the look, btw.

    ReplyDelete