Monday, January 6, 2014

My SL DisneyBounding - Donald Duck

I haven't had a chance to do this for a while but I feel like working on another SL DisneyBound look.
For those of you that need reminding, or if you are thinking "what the heck is she talking about?", the SL DisneyBound Challenge was started a good few months ago by Natalee Oodles and each week we had to create a look based around a chosen Disney Character.
The reason for this was that I have asked my big brother Javad to chose a character. Javad is a member of the family that I don't talk about all that often, although that doesn't mean I care about him any less... He also, in a weird way, reminds me a lot of the character he chose, though he might kill me for saying so hehe...
My SL DisneyBounding - Donald Duck
Donald is one of Disney's oldest and most recognisable characters, both from a visual and an audible stand point. Javad is fairly recognisable in a crowd too, though due to his looks only, as he never says much... There are a lot more similarities between the two too... Both are extremely loyal and will defend their loved ones no matter the reason, and are both willing to fight for what they believe in too... Though hearing him talk is very rare, I can honestly say that he is a little clearer than Donald - not much, just a little LOL...
So working on Donald Duck proved harder than I thought. He is one of those iconic Disney Characters, but at the same time somewhat harder to create in my own style than Mickey Mouse... I tried to keep it simple, but very Rudhified. Blue, however, is not a colour I wear often. I got lucky though because SAKIDE had released these gorgeous sparkly - or Glistening - dresses and the blue one really caught my attention. I added some white tights, with zippers up the back that you will have to believe me are there, from RezIpsa Loc and then began to accessorise - my favourite bit! So, I wanted white hair, so that it kinda represented the white feathers and I needed a hat... For some reason I was drawn to the Truth Jolene style complete with baseball hat - I don't know why! Hats and especially baseball caps have never really been a part of my everyday wear, but this seemed to fit somehow?! Then I went with a nautical theme on my jewellery, wearing a Sailor Necklace from KOSH and a Nautical Necklace from Cute Poison! I even pulled on some VERY old  duck feet slippers, sorry to say though that these are no longer available!
The last thing I needed to find was a location that suited Donald's Naval style, and I found the perfect place in the Steelhead Fishery with it's super cute little tugboats and slightly steampunk feel!

What is she wearing;
Hair: Truth - Jolene
Skin: Glam Affair - Candy Skin in America 09 (Past Arcade Item)
Face Wounds: (Right Eye) Corvus - Scarred Face Tattoo, (Left Cheek) Corvus - Cheek Scars
Piercing: Cute Poison - Agelast Piercings (Past Event Item)
Necklaces: (Upper) KOSH - Sailor Necklace, AND, (Lower) Cute Poison - Nautical Necklace in Blue
Dress: SAKIDE - Glistening Dress in Blue
Tights: RezIpsa Loc - Zipper Stockings in White (No Longer Available)
Slippers: Kawaii Jelly - Duck Slippers (No Longer Available)
Pose: PRETENSE - Rubric 1

No comments:

Post a Comment