Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Am I a Geek, Nerd or a Dork? Let's find out for Monday's Meme

OOOH I caught up with the past Berry Memes that I missed while I was away and yet it is now time for another... This week her chosen theme is something very current in the SL world since the Geeks'n'Nerds Fair officially opened on Sunday. Now I've been over and hand a wander around the event and it seems really cool... In fact there are things over there that I want to go back and spend my hard earned Lindens on, but my geekiness will not actually fit with much of the Geekiness that can be found there. I'm weird like that, I geek out over random things and although I love some of the things that are all over the fair, I have to say I'll keep my own geeky loves and avoid becoming a member of the mass geek market. No offense is meant in that by the way, we each have to get geeky about our own things and I am definitely one to appreciate the phrase "whatever floats your boat".
See as you can see, I definitely do not follow conventional geeky standards. I wear Carebear sweaters - like these created by Mag<3.B. - and had a massive thing about My Little Pony - the original kind not the modern genetically modified ponies - and don't even get me started talking about the brothers Winchester LOL... That's a very dangerous topic with me...
Let's move on to Berry's questions shall we, before you end up in a tight spot with no where to run hehe...
What do you consider yourself to be? Geek? Nerd? Dork? None of the above? All of the above?– Hmmm I need to check the definitions lol... silly as that sounds! These words come up in conversation all the time and I'm blurry around the edges as to the ins and outs of each lol... OK after that brief lesson I can clearly say I am not a Nerd. I love to read but I wouldn't say that I could fit into that. Dork maybe not so much either, I say the wrong things sometimes but never to a true dorky standard. Geek yea definitely about random stuff that other people might think was strange, maybe not in the fashion department but definitely in my ability to talk about the same thing for hours in a kind of obsessive fashion hehe...
What was the first computer you ever owned? – Ummmm I actually don't know. Shows just how useful I am when it comes to computer related stuff... All I remember was that it was my dad's and I was allowed to play a DOS game called Crystal Caves on it if I was good!
When and how did you first get on the internet? – Oh my gosh I seriously cannot remember LOL... How mental. I have been online since I was a kid but it feels like I've been using the net forever LOL... I was never really into it until I discovered MSN messenger lol... But don't ask me how I found that?!
Which geek fandom do you subscribe to? – I wouldnt say I subscribe to any although OK maybe I did. I used to be all about Supernatural LOL... I could talk about it for HOURS, and I was determined that I would be the next Mrs Sam Winchester... Thankfully now I am a little less obsessed, love the show still but finally a bit more normal about it lol...
Star Trek or Star Wars? – OK living with Hell I am probably going to get a telling off for this answer as he is a diehard Star Wars fan. Apparently being born the year that the film was first released gives him the right to geek out about it repeatedly. Personally I am not interested in either, but if I was forced at gun point to pick on then I would say Star Wars because of the cute fluffy teddies... *coughs* I mean Ewoks lol...
How Geeky Are You? (click the link to take the test!) – Well after taking the test it appears that I am 47% Geek! The information given says I am just "meh" with technology. One minute smugly downloading a cool new smartphone app to show off, the next staring in despair at the Microsoft Word help system to write a simple letter... LOL, it's like this test really knows me! I have no problem doing things in SL, Photoshop or cruising the internet highway but ask me to do something like use Microsoft Excel and I draw a blank LOL...

What is she wearing;
Wings: Aux - Fly Free in Pink
Hair: Wasabi Pills - Lory Mesh Hair in Crystal Violet
Eye Patch: Blah. - My Cupcake Patch in Unicorn Jelly
Skin: yumyums - Alli Skin in Wicked Warrior (Available now at Depraved Nation Thrift Shop)
Face Wounds: (Right Eye) Corvus - Scarred Face Tattoo, (Left Cheek) Corvus - Cheek Scars
Piercings: (Skeleton Hands) Death Row Designs - mouthpiercing (Current Trick or Treat Hunt Prize), AND, Cute Poison - Fallen Piercing
Necklace: Adore & Abhor - Drippy Necklace in Monster
Top: Mag<3.B. - Care Sweater in Cheer
Ring: Maxi Gossamer - Gigi Shimmer Bow in Large
Socks: Donkey Pop - Over-Knee Socks in Rainbow Pastels (No Longer Available)
Doll: MishMish - Mr Spoons (Available now from Geeks'n'Nerds Fair)
Bear: yumyums - War-Ready i-lo in Panda (Available now for The Rack) 
Pose: PRETENSE - Baby it's cold outside pose 4 (Available now at My Attic)

1 comment:

  1. That was one thing that I actually also really liked about Star Wars myself, the adorable Ewoks, LOL!

    ReplyDelete