Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Groups Groups Groups... We Want More!

This week with Miss Berry, she is talking about groups... I remember way back in the day when we only had an allocation of 25 groups, and oh we ranted and raved about never having enough group space. When they opened it up to 42 it was like "HALLELUJAH" for all of 5 minutes till we realised that we needed more - least that was the situation for me LOL...
Now the photo that I've chosen is a special one for me because this is part of my extended family. I talk about the Gators MC a lot - and I'm afraid it gets a bit boring - but joining this group definitely gave my friends list a boost as well as allowing me to meet some crazy fun people! LOL...
We took a long - and by long I mean epically long - ride on Sunday up the Doom Crew Mountain!
Still onto the Meme for today... Miss Berry released here Meme questions about our SL groups. Hence why I was rambling earlier about wanting more LOL, but let's just see where these questions take us this week huh?
Have you reached the 42 group limit? Pretty much straight after the 42 groups was allocated, yeah I reached the limit!
Do you do a lot of group hopping to keep up with all the groups you want to stay a part of? I do sometimes yes, I don't have an alt like Berry that I can allocate different groups too, so I am stuck hopping. I've started recently trying to keep at least one free slot so that I have the ability to join groups at ease, but it never really works LOL...
What makes you want to join a group? A few of my groups are blogging groups, and I do have a number of groups for non-shopping related stuff - gasps, I KNOW RIGHT! Shock Horror lol... Now we have the magical subscribos I try to be in those so I have space but if it's a store that I totally love and cannot get enough of I will always try to be in their group so I am up-to-date! Plus I love it when my favourite stores send out goodies! It's always nice to get presents!
A lot of store VIP groups have a group fee which you have to pay to join. How do you feel about paying group fees? I like Berry feel similarly about group fees. I have no problem in joining a group of a store that I love, and will be happy to support that designer in anything, yet when they have a group joining fee it does make me feel a little disheartened at times. Don't get me wrong I have and will possibly in future pay a little to be in some of the store groups, but when you get promises of regular group gifts that will be exclusive to the group and they stop materialising after a while it does feel a little bit of a let down, especially when I know that I would be paying for their items too... I do understand that some stores with VIP groups do this to stop people from joining a group just so that they can get a freebie before they leave it again, I understand that must be somewhat frustrating, yet sometimes it feels like a shame that certain - not all by any stretch of the imagination - groups promise rewards for their genuine fans and then do not follow through.
Name a few groups that you are a part of that you feel everyone should look into joining and share your reasons behind that. Hmmm now this is a tough one... I don't know if all of these will be stores actually, but lets see... I'll try to pick a few... I'm not sure if these groups have joining fees anymore, but these would be groups that I would definitely pay to be in...
* D-LAB Group is one of my absolute favourites to be in. I love the cute lil things that come from this store, and every time there is a release - such as the regular FLF releases - there is always a cute little group gift available too!
* Hogs and Cart Wheels Group is one that I really have to promote as it's Hell's store group. He gives out random gifts to his members, and these things tend to be fun, crazy vehicles!
* Snatch VIP is a group that I have been in for a very long time now. I love this group because every week there is a huge boatload of things released, as well as items being changed in the lucky chairs and fishing game to catch outfits... The gifts are gorgeous and of a high quality, and the prices for the stuff in the store are really very reasonable! I've been a Sn@tch fan for a long time and Ivey never disappoints!

1 comment:

  1. I hadn't heard of D-Lab, definitely going to look into that. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete