Friday, July 5, 2013

SL DisneyBound - Week 17

Last week's character - or should I say characters - was hard... I wanted two different characters with one similar look in one photograph and although it turned out well, I'm not sure that I would say it is one of my best! This week I was worried about for an entirely different reason... HOW WAS I GONNA LOOK LIKE AN ELEPHANT?? 
Week 17 - Dumbo!
Yes that's right ladies and gents, this week we head to the Circus to find that lovable baby elephant with the over-sized ears and the mousey best friend! This story is one that melts the heart and definitely gets me crying EVERY time I watch it, as a tale of finding strength to overcome your bullies, as well as not choosing your friends because of what they are but the way they treat you! OH and the song by the crows... How freaking catchy is that LOL... 
So for my look I was torn... Mostly between an idea that might have been seen too much as cheating and doing some major digging in my warehouse... The cheating option would have been easiest, simply slipping into a pair of PJs from Intrigue Co, but that wasn't going to work for me. SL DisneyBounding is all about representing a character not using a cop-out pre-existing costume, ya know? I had to do some digging... 
I found this overly large, wrinkled shirt dress from La Petite Fleur that kind of reminded me of an elephants wrinkled skin, but then what... I cautiously typed Elephant into the inventory search bar - cautiously because you never know what will fall out - and one of the first things to land in my lap was this AWESOME ears and nose set from -RC-! As soon as I pulled them on, I was in hysterics... I have no idea when I bought these or why, but all I can say is thank goodness I had them stashed away! All I needed now was the hat and the ruffle - well I'm not keen on hats so bye bye to that idea - but the ruffle - or something like it anyway - was a necessary. I searched and searched finding nothing, until I suddenly remembered this hair from Wasabi Pills with a scarf that can be coloured via a HUD... I think this red and yellow scarf may well have something to do with a certain Wizard's School colour themes but for now it works well as Dumbo's scarf... Don't ya think?

What is she wearing;
Hair: Wasabi Pills - Brrree Mesh Hair in Ash
Skin: Sugar - Chloe in Summer Lovin' 
Ears & Trunk: -RC- - Elephant Thingies (No Longer Available!)
Dress: La Petite Fleur - UnB Tshirts in Gray (Past Free Gift!)
Nails: SLink - Enhancement Fingernails for Default Hands, WORN WITH, KOSH - GRADIENT METALLIC FINGERNAILS #2
Pants: [[>CaKe!<]] - Leather Pants in Grey
Pose: [!ZOOM] Posing Artistry - Balloon (Re-coloured by me!)

1 comment: