Sunday, May 5, 2013

For Aeva Heartsick

You may or may not have heard about a special fundraiser that is running now until May 14th in aid of the designer Amesha Jewell. This is a fundraiser that some people have been more than a little opposed to, from what I have heard, but when I was pointed in the direction of the event by my good friend AliceAnn I had to go and do some investigation! 
The event is in aid of raising funds to help Miss Jewell continue her skin creation by starting a collection to fund a new PC. Now I know that I normally try to avoid controversy and drama in here, but this event seems to have stirred some up and so I am hoping to not land myself in anything too piranha infested by discussing the event. I know that some "charity" or fundraising events can be seen as places where scams are running, and I know that if things turn out to be a scam then that really mess things up for the designers, but as a shopper I don't feel I have a right to complain. I get the goodies I buy like I would at any other place... It affects the designers more than it would affect me, yet with this event and the organisers it would seem to me that the scam that is supposedly running here seems more of a myth than anything. It would appear to be a bunch of lovely people, helping someone they admire and care about to carry on creating and making other people, shoppers like me, feel happy! 
Aeva Heartsick skins make me feel happy, and I was planning on photographing them for this post, but there was just so much pretty released with donations going to the cause that I had trouble choosing what to post, needless to say my wallet was pulled out fast and I bought a fair few goodies! 
I was playing around with different things I bought... I have things that I didn't show such as some gorgeous necklaces, but these two items that are in the photo are some of my favourite things. I LOVE this hair from The Stringer Mausoleum - it's called Universa... The dancing avatar is also a special creation for the event by Miss AliceAnn of Lamp*Light - based on the dancing girl avatar from Just Dance - the Love Song Avatar includes EVERYTHING you could possibly need to make yourself into a Just Dance Character hehe... I loved dancing around in her...
Don't miss out on the For Aeva Heartsick Event... There are some great goodies, for a great cause, and even if you aren't interested in the cause the goodies are worth going to check out!!!

What is she wearing; 
Hair: The Stringer Mausoleum - Universa in Heartsickness V2 (Available now at For Aeva Heartsick)
Skin & Ears: DAMNED - Izriel in Silthus 
Eyes: IKON - Horizon Eyes in Dark Verdigris 
Eyelashes: LeLutka - 2011 lashes/curl 
Pose: STATUS - Explorer 5 
Avatar: Lamp*Light - Love Song (Available now at For Aeva Heartsick
Poses: AKEYO - TAM15 Dance Moves

1 comment:

  1. That looks gorgeous, lovely way to post it against the galaxy backdrop, and I see you did what I did the moment I got my hair and coloured it gold LOL! I must go check out that skin...

    I don't really see what problem people have with fundraisers, most of them -aren't- scams and as you say, it's the designers more than the consumers who would lose out. It's not like they're asking people to just donate, you are getting great items for a low cost, and if in the end it all helps a good designer get back on their feet and producing more lovely content for us... well, fantastic! The only reason I tend to stay away from these events (or at least not look around too much) is that I end up buying too much XD

    ReplyDelete