Monday, April 22, 2013

What makes me torture myself so, or Why do I Blog? A Meme!

Another Monday... Another Meme... Miss Singh is really on a roll with challenging us and getting our blogging mojos working at full speed! Personally I will say that I LOVE being able to participate in these Memes because it means that when I hit a blogging rut like I have done this weekend, I can just participate in a Meme and BOOM I´m back! 
Don´t get me wrong though, this weekend I took a shed load of photos, and made them look all purdy-like - the photo below for example, a photo that came about all because of the butterflies from BOOM for My Attic - but then when it came to actually creating a post I would sit and stare at the white space to write in and think "UGH"... So YAY Miss Singh, THANK YOU! 
Onto this week's Meme... All about 'Why Do I Blog?'  
How long have you been blogging? Since September 11th, 2010. A bit of an unfortunate date some might say but honestly at the time I didn't even think about it!  
Why did you start blogging? Being totally honest I was NEVER going to be a blogger, I knew a few people that did blog and hadn't really had much to do with reading blogs until I noticed that friends were actually blogging. I didn't want to start a blog, it seemed to me like the people I knew were just using it as an excuse to be a bit of a bitch and get away with it, but then I randomly decided to play with it, use it like a journal to document my SL and I haven't looked back since!  
How many times a week do you post an entry? It all depends on my blogging Mojo. Sometimes I want to blog LOADS and will put up all kinds of random stuff, others like this week, I post maybe once a week?!  
How many different blogs do you read on a regular basis? I would love to say hundreds like Miss Singh can but I doubt I read that many. I do have a fair few that I like to read everything they post, and sometimes I will check out people's posts from seeing things on the feeds or Flickr. 
Do you comment on other people’s blogs? Yes, if the post really catches my attention either with the photo or the writing, then I will try to comment. I love it when people leave me comments, as it makes me feel what I am doing is interesting to others - not just for myself - and I hope to make other people feel the same by commenting!  
Do you keep track of how many visitors you have? No, purely and simply because I know that I am not widely read and I don't need to report to anyone about how much activity my ramble space is getting. This is fun for me, and that is all I worry about, if I was to know that no one was looking at my ramble space I might get a bit disappointed hehe...  
Did you ever regret a post that you wrote? Not really, I treat my blog like my journal. Sometimes I have good days and sometimes I have bad days, they are quite a lot of the time shared in here. Yet even if it's a bad day and I post something I could regret - like depressing stuff for instance, when one of my blogging friends reads about it and then comes to talk to me, that makes me feel so much better, so how could you regret doing that in the end? 
Do you think your readers have a true sense of who you are based on your blog? I would like to think so, I never try to hide it, but then you might want to ask the people that actually read it, maybe I am biased hehe 
Do you blog under your real name? No 
Are there topics that you would never blog about? Yes there are things that I wouldn't want to talk about here. I always try to avoid the hot topics of anything to serious - there is no religious talk, no political talk and no real talk of violence, I mean OK I am dead a lot of the time but that's because I have a thing about being a Living Dead Dolly hehe... I also try to keep my blog bitching free... Some of the things I bitch about amongst friends in SL - and even then only people I'm close to - could make interesting ramblings, but 99% of the time I try to keep my ramblings either neutral or positive. 
What is the theme/topic of your blog? I think I would have to say that obviously it's mostly about SL - although sometimes very small titbits of RL do slip into my ramblings - I think I would call myself a SL lifestyle blogger. I write like a journal, as I have mentioned before, and although I like to play around with clothes, I couldn't and wouldn't ever think of myself as a fashion blogger!  
Do you have more than one blog? If so, why? I do, well kinda do, I do all of the blogging for my partner's store - Hogs and Cart Wheels - though I will admit I've been a little lax and not posted things there in a while LOL. OH AND I am about to start working on setting up a new blog for his SL Biker MC - The Gators...  
What have you found to be the benefits of blogging? There is a lot to that answer... It's helped me enjoy SL is a big important one. Without my blog I think I might have gotten a little bored by now, it's given me things to think about when I log in each day. It's also given me confidence, a HUGE wardrobe and a lot more friends that I may never have had the chance to meet otherwise. 
So, why do you continue to blog? There are so many reasons, all those above and the simple fact that I need my blog to be able to let off steam... I need my blog because it makes me happy! SL was and is like an addiction... I guess my blog is also an addiction for me hehe... I don't know where I'd be without it right now?!

SO that was a long Meme this week, but once again maybe you know a little more about Me and now my reasons for blogging. I asked Miss Singh to challenge us this week, BOY did she do that... Was great fun though, I really can't wait for the next one hehe... 

What is she wearing; 
Butterflies: BOOM - Metamorphisis in White (Available now at My Attic
Hair: Ploom - Lislie (Available now at My Attic
Skin: Sugar - Ink in Tone 3 Dark Brows 
Eyes: IKON - Horizon Eyes in Dark Verdigris 
Eyelashes: LeLutka - 2011 lashes/curl 
Face Piercing: SHOCK - Kiss My Spikes in Zebra 
Choker: {PSYCHO.Byts} - Black Choker + Studs 
Star Piercing: [annaA] - Pierced Chest Branding "Star" 
Dress: lazybones - Nastya Dress in Grey (Past SL Fashion Week) 
Pose: STATUS - Obdurate 2

2 comments:

  1. I had a comment on my blog today, asking if SL is addictive. I said I'd be lying if I said it wasn't. And I DO find blogging addictive now - I feel guilty if I don't post every day!

    Thanks for the detailed insights. I really enjoyed it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. awwww, I'm really happy that you like participating in these memes. I'm having a lot of fun reading everyone's responses.

    ReplyDelete