Friday, December 16, 2011

P is for Palaeo-Anthropology! Alphabet Time

Palaeo-anthropology has NOTHING what-so-ever to do with my outfit this week, or the location even, yet it is something that has taken hold of my interest AGAIN! If you don't know, I went to University to study archaeology, as it is a subject that has always fascinated me. I always believed in the fact that if we don't know where we came from, how can we ever know where we are going, and I believe that children should know about their history - not just recent history either, I am talking way, way, way back into history. One of my favourite studies at Uni was the study of ancient humans - which is actually the definition of Palaeo-Anthropology although anthropology tends to be an American term as we'd refer to it as Archaeology in the UK more often than the former term. I was always fascinated by the subtle changes to the skeleton, and the way you could reconstruct a face, or the imaginations about early human life. Don't get me wrong I think the well documented periods are great too, can't beat a finding a bit of Roman Glass, or a Medieval something or other, but Pre-history is all about what-ifs and what-could-bes and there is no written record so who knows what it is... Anyway, my inner history geek is showing (we all get passionate sometimes, I just get passionate about history!)...
PPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP
What P's did I dig outta my wardrobe; 
Hair: .PLOOM. - Maddie
Skin: .PLOOM. - Harlowe
Necklace: |[ PERTURB/ATION ]| - RosetteNebula
Shirt: PARADISIS - Dolce Vita
Outfit (pants and undershirt): PAPER.DOLL - Emily Trousers
Shoes: [PIXELMODE] - Baby T's

The store chosen this week has to be one of my store crushes! Ploom is always on my stopping list if I want hair, and the skin that I wear full-time now is a Ploom skin too, I am not ashamed to admit it, I am a Ploom whore hehe! What can I say, I just think that it is a Plooming Marvelous store hehe!

No comments:

Post a Comment