Saturday, July 9, 2011

52 Weeks of Colour Challenge - WEEK 36!

This week has been the hardest for me so far.When I looked at the swatch, everytime I looked at the swatch, it seemed to be blueish greyish greenish bleh in tone, I had NEVER even heard of it as a colour. I ummed and I awwed and still found myself getting no where, so then I decided to deviate from the colour swatch marginally as after looking in google it appeared to be more of a greenish tone... 
Upon discovering the colour, I stumbled on another problem... The laptop that I have been using is NOT good enough for a mammoth shopping crawl through SL, I crashed more than I tpped, and was close to pulling out my hair... I had NO idea in which direction I wanted to take this photo anyway and then being stuck on a build platform 4,000m in the air as it was the only place I could be without crashing, things were getting more than a little desperate, so I called in the Big Guns!!! My awesome friend Lynnie, became my personal shopper. She darted around SL taking photos of outfits that may fit the colour scheme, discussing each one with me as I searched in vain through Marketplace, till suddenly she had the most monumental brainwave EVER!!! 
Week 36...
CELADON
Week 36: I went all nymph-like and tried to lure men into the attic... I failed lol!
What is she wearing;
Hair: Exile - Elena (modified so that the bow on the braid has been removed)
Make-up: KOSH - Metallic Eyeshadow
Outfit: Evie's Closet - Lumina Nymph (includes bracelets and head jewel)
Feet: SLink- Jolie Pied

I love the way that this look turned out, in fact it was better than I could have hoped for as to begin with I was really not motivated by the colour... Isn't that always the way though, the colours we are most perturbed by tend to be the looks we love most?! 
Next week - Lemon... This one should be fun!!!

11 comments:

  1. Love that look on you ... and I bet you only failed at luring men into the attic, cause Hell was standing at door fighting them all off ;-)
    *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, so soft and flowy (don't care if that isn't a word, it fits). Very lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mmm, Evie's nymph outfits. I have that in blue, I absolutely love them. <3 Good choice!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I didn't know the color until several years ago when I worked in a bridal shop. It's popular for bridesmaids dresses but now I love it. I think you wear this color well. Very pretty on you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is the perfect Celedon and you look beautiful
    I am so sorry you had a hard time with crashing, I know that can be so annoying. Have you tried SL Marketplace. I feel it beats teleporting at times when lag has SL by the tail and wont let go. Just pull up SL Marketplace and put in a color you want, or a fav shop you like. I would bet you could find something, without the hassle of ..ugh..that horribe C word......CRASHING!
    XoXO..Loves ya my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very lovely Rudh. It's a perfect shade and you're one sexy nymph... those poor men don't know what they're missing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. aw I like the nymph look! And yay for your friend who helped you out in that moment of distress! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, Rudh! So innovative, so bold! Maybe it had you pulling your hair, but it is surely up to your usual excellence.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think teal was my hardest week but it all came together -- funny how that happens. You look cute :-).

    ReplyDelete