Sunday, December 5, 2010

Snowflake Experience - Worth a Visit!

December would appear to be a busy time for a lot of people within the SL community... Designers are beavering away trying to outdo themselves in the run up to the festive season and everyday it would seem that another Christmas themed event or treasure hunt is starting... I don't mind I love treasure hunts and these fun special events... 

December 4th, marked the opening of one such event... The Snowflake Experience... This is a charity driven event, that is hoping to raise money for "Toys for Tots" and it has set high targets of 5,000 US$ that it aims to reach... Sometimes I am a bit of a sceptic regarding events that claim to be for charity, large events like this one are fairly reliable but you would have to try hard to get me to trust a club event or such like... Yet each designer present, and there are around 60 of them, has items with a percentage of the sale going to charity, as well as a fun freebie hunt (all you gotta do is find the fairly obvious and fairly numerous candy canes)... 

With purchases in hand, a cute plushie reindeer and a cute 'Snow Princess Outfit' complete with a fur snuggie from Sassy Kitty... I spent some time admiring the setting of the event, which is split into four islands each with a different theme... I was loving the Candy themed island and the Toy themed island... 
Candy Land!
Toy Paradise!
It made me feel REALLY Christmassy and I found myself singing the timeless, but some might say terrible, Christmas classics...
Yet it is non-stop for me... Anyone who knows me well will tell you that I am a treasure hunter at heart (lol) but this month, let me see... There's the Zombie Popcorn Hunt, the Lost Souls Hunt, the Happy Holidays Hunt, A Very Depraved Christmas Hunt, The Christmas Hunt AND two more events like the Snowflake Experience, the FTLO Ice Festival and ODB's Holiday Fair... Looks like I am gonna be busy... 
Roll on Christmas for a rest hehe!

No comments:

Post a Comment